Grafine is looking to immediately recruit a Technology Transfer Engineer (TTE) to support the organisation’s technology and commercialisation ambitions.
The TTE will undertake technical R&D and business engagement activities in the UK and overseas. The role will report to the Chief Technology Officer. Responsibilities of the role include:
· Engagement with industries that develop or utilise elastomer materials and technology to identify needs and challenges which can be addressed by Grafine technologies.
· Undertake formulation and characterisation of graphene and other nano-materials and polymers containing them.
· Support the development of the technical and operational components of new product and product demonstrators.
· Understand client’s industrial processes in order to successfully transfer new materials into their production facilities.
· Support the development of new intellectual property and know-how.
· Establishment and maintenance of supply chain.
· Liaising with and building strong collaborative relationships within the Grafine partners including The University of Manchester (National Graphene Institute, Graphene Engineering and Innovation Centre, academic departments and other research centres) and with industrial/commercial partners.
Knowledge and passion for how graphene and other 2D/nano materials can be used within relevant commercial applications is essential in this role.
To apply, please send a CV and a short covering letter along with the names and addresses of two referees, through this link
All applications must be submitted before Friday 9th November 2018 and will be treated as strictly confidential.